Emergency Survival Tips
Ebola spread through Africa at an exponential rate and it can happen in the US as well. The CDC is changing their minds on how Ebola spreads almost every day as they are not familiar with Ebola as they have never had to deal with it or cure it. As you can tell by the two nurses who contracted Ebola, the CDC failed to tell them how to properly dispose of contaminated items that they used to treat the patient with Ebola.
We can’t rely on the CDC playing their guessing game and we need to prepare ourselves in case of an Ebola pandemic just like the one that is killing thousands in Africa. If you think that it can’t happen here, it can. Anyone traveling from countries that are dealing with Ebola outbreaks can bring it into the United States just like the patient whose bodily fluids infected the two nurses. Just because no other cases have been reported it is still a possibility and you need to start preparing yourself now.
In case of a pandemic you need to stay in your home and not leave. This means you need to prepare yourself and start preparing now to ensure you have enough supplies in case of an Ebola pandemic.
We are going to provide you with a basic supply list that is crucial for you to have in case of a pandemic and tips that will save your life!
Here’s a basic supply list of items you’ll need to have in case of an Ebola pandemic emergency:
- Drinking water and we are not talking about just a couple of gallons. You need at least 1 gallon per person per day. Start stocking up on bottled water NOW.
- Canned food and foods that don’t require electricity or fuel to cook. You need to start stocking up on canned foods now as well. They are important for any pandemic or natural disaster.
- Heavy duty garbage bags that you can use to throw away any garbage that you may have during the pandemic. This way you don’t have garbage piling up in your house.
- Sanitation supplies such as toilet paper, paper towels, baby wipes, and feminine hygiene supplies. These are important to have and you need to have a large supply as a pandemic isn’t wiped out quickly.
- Entertainment you’ll want to be able to keep children and restless family members busy so get craft supplies, books, games, and puzzles. You are going to have to stay in your house for a long period of time and you will go stir crazy if you don’t have things to keep yourself and your family busy.
On Top of Having Those Above Items to Ensure You Are Comfortable During an Ebola Pandemic You Should Also Have this list of Medical Supplies:
- Pandemic kits that contain protective clothing. You can order these online and have them delivered to your house.
- N95 masks The N95 respirator is the most common of the seven types of particulate filtering facepiece respirators. This product filters at least 95% of airborne particles and will protect you from breathing in the Ebola Virus. (Again the CDC says Ebola is not airborne but they have proven that they really don’t know for sure how Ebola is spread.)
- Nitrile gloves These are heavy duty gloves that will prevent you from contracting Ebola by touching something that is contaminated with the Ebola virus.
- Safety goggles with an elastic band to ensure a snug fit. This will prevent the Ebola virus from getting into your eyes and spreading throughout your body.
- Antibacterial cleaners such as disposable wipes, bleach, and spray cleaners to ensure that your home is Ebola free and that no one is touching contaminated items.
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer You need hand sanitizer to ensure that your hands are germ and virus free. This way you don’t touch something that is contaminated and touch your face so that you contract the disease through mouth, nose, and eyes.